After more than two decades in the Executive Search
business, I have learned a lot about what goes into a
successful hire. I try to impart my knowledge to both hiring
managers and candidates. Nevertheless, at many job
interviews I find myself listening to questions that make me
cringe and answers that make me want to cry.
Now it's my turn to talk.

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Week Before Christmas

’Tis the week before Christmas, the time of the year
To eat lots of cookies and be of good cheer. 

To ring in the merry, to ban the distressing,
I’ll take just a minute to count up my blessings.

A book that’s been published and, yes - even sold;
That listing on Amazon never grows old.

A candidate nestled all snug in a job
After a phone call from Headhunter Bob.

A brightly wrapped e-mail upon my computer -
Yes! It’s a client who needs a recruiter.

And Old Ebenezer, a.k.a. Bob
Is thankful for ALL who have helped with my job:

The candidates, clients, the colleagues, and all
the ones who don’t silence my incoming call.

 And Ms. Cratchit, my co-author, skillful at rhyming-
Who puts words together with just the right timing.

And you who are reading this Headhunter’s blog.
I like you as much as nutmeg on egg nog.

The reindeer are ready, the sleigh’s set to lift
Heavily loaded with all kinds of gifts.

But my gifts are all here before Santa takes flight -
So Thanks, Merry Christmas, and to all a Good Night!

(We’re taking a break, but have not a fear.
The Headhunter Files will join you next year!)
 

1 comment: